Last weekend Beau and I were walking around our neighborhood doing a little Christmas shopping and I must have said I loved our neighborhood multiple times! Highbury/Islington is truly a great place to live in London! We are right in the city, but you feel like it is a small town with local shops and cafes, I love it. There are so many amazing shops in the area, some are chain stores and some independently owned, however they are all pretty great. I decided that for Christmas shopping, well, we do not have to leave the area! Here are a few of my favorites from a few of my favorite local shops. Happy shopping!
1. ARIA - This is an AWESOME shop just off of Upper Street. Looking for a new couch, some candles, a new purse, the shop has everything a hip couple would want for Christmas! My favorite gifts: King & Queen Mug & Rose Gold Nixon Watch
2. Workshop London - This adorable shop is located in Camden Passage and sells some truly beautiful clothes and shoes, handmade and stylish! My favorite gifts: Anniel Glitter Slippers
3. Ottolenghi - Lets just say I've become a bit obsessed with this restaurant. I popped in the other day for take away dinner and left with some amazing culinary stocking stuffers! This is a foodies perfect place for treats! My favorite gifts: Rosemary & Lemon Sea Salts, Salted Caramel and Chocolate Brittle
4. After Noah - This kitschy shop offers so many fun gifts for adults and children, my preference is the kids section. Wooden toys, retro toys, unique toys and gifts. My favorite gifts: Shadow Puppets, London in a Bag, London Bus
5. Oliver Bonas - This UK chain feels like a local independent shop to me. I love the clothes here, the jewelry, the china, you name it, I probably love it! My favorite gifts: Initial Necklace, Ribbons & Gold Cake Stand