Friday, December 6, 2013

Date Night: Columbia Road Christmas Wednesday

Beau and I have had a crazy couple of months, fun, but busy and jam packed of activities. Last month I sat down with our December calendar and decided, we have to set a few nights together as a priority, Christmas dates! There are so many fun things to do in London at Christmas time and I had read about Columbia Road having Christmas Wednesdays, so I set a date. Columbia Flower Market is one of our usual stops during the weekend{remember this post} and I often browse through the stores after buying flowers, but they are always so busy. So Wednesday, Beau and I made it down to Hoxton for a little holiday date night, small independent owned Christmas shopping, some mulled wine, carols and dinner.  
Every Wednesday during December, the shops on Columbia Road stay open later and often have a little holiday cheer. Nom Nom Living was the first stop, and the right decision because they were passing out complimentary wine! I'm really loving the Union Jack tray and can envision it in our flat, maybe it needs to be a Christmas present for us! 
 Suck & Chew is an adorable sweets shop that feels like you took a step back in time. The store is full of nostalgic Queen Elizabeth mugs and candy tins, adorable. I bought myself one Christmas Pudding truffle that was absolutely delicious. This shop is perfect for stocking stuffers!
As you head down the road towards the cross section {where the Royal Oak Pub is located}you walk by so many cute, small shops. Two of my favorite shops are Keeping House for good kitchen items and  Bob & Blossom that carries adorable kids clothes.
I was loving this local pub with its kitschy plastic fifties Santa's. 
After a little shopping {and our feet getting a BIT cold!} we stopped into Brawn and sat at the bar for dinner. We had a bottle of wine and duck confit, a delicious end to Christmas date night! 
I highly recommend stopping by Columbia Road Wednesday Christmas Nights. It is an eclectic part of the city that we love to explore. I am hoping that we can make more date nights in 2014…that do not have to do with wedding planning! It is time to start clearing out our schedule and making more plans like this for the two of us, because it was great! 

There are two more Wednesday evenings to head to Columbia Road Christmas Wednesdays. Enjoy! 

xoxo - Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...