Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cupcakes, Bubbly, Bloggers and Buckingham Palace

HI! I am back! Yes, I took a little blogger break. I have taken on a few other projects, working full time and with other stuff going on, getting home and sitting at my computer just didn't seem like what I needed. After an AMAZING bank holiday weekend here in London, I am back to blogging;) First up, a little blogger get together, last minute and oh so fun. 
Bank holiday weekends = one of the best things ever. My friends in the States asked, "What are they celebrating in England.". My response...bank holiday, 3 day weekend, isn't that enough?!?! After a cold long Winter full of freezing days and lots of snow, the weather was GORGEOUS and we were finally able to sport Spring clothes and go outside and enjoy the beautiful days. On Monday my blogger friend Bobbi mentioned getting together a group of girls in a nearby park, I added in...with cupcakes and bubbly? It ended up being the perfect afternoon to ease me back into heading to the work week. 
 I had been dying to try out the beautiful bakery in Belgravia, Peggy Porschen's.  I only have to walk by this pink little corner shop to get happy. Full of macarons, cupcakes, wedding cakes, chandeliers and all things pink, it seems that I was made to maybe spend every afternoon here. I am in love with the muffin liner like lamp, I think that would fit well in my kitchen! 
We grabbed a few sweet treats and headed over to Green Park. The beautiful weather had Londoners and tourists alike sitting outside cafes, laying in the parks and enjoying every minute of sunshine we could. It was glorious I have to be honest, sunshine, hello, I missed you. 
It was so lovely to meet some other bloggers in London and talk about bloggers, food, shops in London, work and everything in between. It is always great to meet other ladies and bounce ideas of them, and doing it while indulging in cupcakes and prosecco isn't bad either. Correct, the above picture is nothing but non paleo friendly. Oh well! 
 What do bloggers typically do, take pictures of food, correct! Lulu with Berry Diaries was a treat to meet! Check out her site where she writes a lot about health, her journey to get trained in yoga, her recent wedding and much more, her adorable South African accent was a bonus! Sweet Lulu! 
I met Bobbi when I first moved to London {remember out Notting Hill afternoon} and it has been great to follow along her adventures here on Today, I'm Bobbi.  Bobbi actually designed both Lulu and Melissa's blogs so if you are looking for a little design yourself, check out her site Ready to Blog
 Last but not least, I always love meeting a sweet American Expat and Melissa with Beantown Prepster was a delight. Melissa has lived in England for almost two years now and works in law. It was amazing to hear about her inspiring weight loss story and chat about the silly things we miss in the States, like a $12 manicure. By the way Melissa....happy birthday! 
Hey Queenie! I mean lets be honest, this picture of Buckingham Palace summed up London that day: full of flowers, sunshine and people walking about everywhere. Thank you Bobbi for introducing me to some other lovely ladies. It is always great to meet new women and talk about their journeys abroad and online. It was a really wonderful weekend all in all!

xoxo~Becca

2 comments:

  1. Love your post Hun!
    Today looks like it would be a good day for park chilling too!
    London in the sunshine is the bestest place ever:)
    Looking forward to the next little get together!
    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. London looks so beautiful! The bakery you visited is absolutely gorgeous...and the food didn't look bad either :)

    www.chiclivingdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...