Friday, July 1, 2011

Cute Clerkenwell

Last week we stayed at a cute boutique hotel in the hip area of Clerkenwell in London. The Zetter Townhouse was a fun funky little spot in the city for a few days. The hotel has 13 rooms total, the lobby bar area is an eclectic mix of young professionals enjoying an afternoon tea or a cocktail after work. Every room was different and well, I thought it was adorable. After a long day of walking around the city it was nice to go "home" to room #5.

Beau found the games room and had a pretty intense ping pong game. Cute room huh, the orange glass vases were perfect to have for hitting the ball into, hhmm. A framed photo of a donkey, of course!


Next to the hotel there is a sunny modern spot for breakfast, The Modern Pantry . I had a cup of coffee and some breakfast there, the sun was shiny, the fresh look of the restaurant, I just loved it. I almost felt like maybe a British Barefoot Contessa was running the restaurant. My Gooseberry Vanilla Jam was one of those items that you tasted and felt like they picked the berries in their backyard, very Ina.

When you pull up to the hotel you almost didn't even realize it was a hotel. My trench was the best item I packed....all week long I had it on! Rainy London days for sure.

Even though it was almost July there was still a chilly drizzle on and off throughout the day. Our little room with wool blankets and view of the area were cozy to come home to.

I loved the wall paper in the WC and throughout the halls. The art throughout the entire place was a great mix of new and old found pieces. I know Beau doesn't love me posting pics of him, but he looked like such a cute young daper Brit hanging in the lobby bar, I had to share!

Clerkenwell is a really neat area of London. There are a lot designers on every corner, amazing furniture stores, independent coffee shops. Around the corner from the hotel was the Head Office of Alexander McQueen, of course I asked the hotel if that is where Kate Middleton had fitting when Sarah Burton made her dress...nope. The dress was all made at Hampton Court and kept under lock and key until the big day.

Wishing I was back across the pond! xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...