Thursday, December 29, 2011

thinking ahead

It's Wednesday, the week between Christmas and the New Year, I took off this week of work and have been oh so looking forward to relaxing a bit and getting some things on my to do wish list accomplished. Beau and I drove a insane 20 hour drive to my oldest sisters house in Cleveland Ohio {amazing Christmas!} and wow, I had a lot of time to think along the way. To think of what my year has been. To think of what my life has been like since I moved to Florida. To think of what lies ahead of me in 2012 and the next year and the next.
I was browsing around on the amazing Making Things Happen site and saw a few of these quotes and felt a little touched by them. I have been feeling a bit lost, not going to lie, and to those of you who know me well, you are not surprised. It took a lot of me to move to Florida almost two years ago, it has been flip flops since. I was torn between leaving the Northeast and heading here. I love being here with my Beau and wouldn't change that ever, but on a personal and professional level I am just not sure what is next for me. I feel like that part of me I left behind and am trying to find still.
I absolutely LOVE when I read what Emily wrote "Are you filling your precious minutes with the work that makes your heart sing? ". All I thought was, I WAN'T MY HEART TO SING!!! I turned 30 in September and what was I thinking, I would wake up, get out of bed, look in the mirror and my mind would say, "___ is what you should do!". nope. Didn't happen.

So thank you Mr. Jobs for writing this amazing quote and for making me to really start thinking about myself and what is next for me. I have never before really hoped for a new year and I am wishing and hoping that ever day in 2012 is a step forward in making what I want happen...figuring out what that is and doing it. Here is to a fabulous amazing 2012!

xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...