Thursday, December 8, 2011

Floridian Weddings: Winter Table Top Challenge


Awhile ago, Laura and I {the other half of
Floridian Weddings} were thinking up ideas on Winter Weddings. We live in South Florida, so unfortunately, we do not have the opportunity to have snow filled weddings or weddings in barns with pine trees. I absolutely love those types of weddings, but here in South Florida, we have sunshine and Christmas lights on palm trees, it is a little different. We thought up the idea to ask a few local South Florida bloggers to create an inspiration board on what they would design for a Winter Wedding. Just because we do not live in the wintry weather, does not mean we can not bring it here!


& The Things We Didn't Buy we have created an amazing mix of Winter Inspiration Boards.

My board is titled: Rosy & Romantic.
To anyone who knows me, it is of no surprise that I chose to theme my Winter Wedding Table around the rosy color pink. I imagined a couple having a formal winter wedding after seeing this amazing pink confection-like wedding dress by Watters. I envisioned the groom dressed in formal black tie toasting with his bride with overflowing glasses of Rose bubbly in these amazing glasses from BHLDN. The idea of mixing shades of pink with with splashes of gold and silver has me dreaming of a glamorous wedding, but an elegant affair {not bubblegum pink, light rosy shades}. I could picture adding in a little holiday touch with the adorable little pink trees around a dessert table filled with holiday sweets. I can see the photos now of the new Mrs. & Mr. sitting at their table with a pink hued candlelight reflecting on their faces, ooo so pretty. Check out my Pinterest Board for the rest of the inspiration.


Click on over to Floridian Weddings to see all of our boards! Next week we will be featuring our ideas that we set up on our tables along with photos! Happy Holidays!

Photo Credits: Clockwise, from top left... Pink Invites and Menu Cards from Martha Stewart, gold cakefrom Style Me Pretty, Ring from Gemvara, vases from Jamali Garden, pink trees from A Field Journal, pink dress from Watters, bouquet from Living Fresh, linen from Over the Top, rosy coupe champagne glasses from BHLDN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...