Thursday, July 11, 2013

Happy Hour: Classic Pimm's

It is officially Summer here in London! I thought the day may never come! The skies are sunny and the temperature is in the high 70's, this is not so bad. 
Along with the British Summer comes a lot of Summer Parties. Gatherings with friends in the park, drinking in pubs on the patios, long walks in the sunshine, walks to work, meeting up for cocktails on the balcony with girlfriends, oh did I already say that;) Well it does, Summer with Sunshine in England comes along with a lot of sunny celebration...and a lot of glasses of the classic British cocktail, Pimm's
 A couple of months back my friend Kylee and I got together and made a pitcher of Pimm's and sat in the park. It wasn't as hot as it has been this week, but I have to say, it didn't matter, it is the perfect afternoon cocktail. 
 Pimm's is an easy cocktail and quite refreshing when made with the right stuff! Pimm's has been around since the mid 1800's {history here}. The cocktail is a mix of gin, a mix of herbs and fruits, to be honest, you can not find the exact ingredients of what is in the bottle, it is an old bottled secret. I go for Pimm's No.1, lots of ice, lots of chopped fruit and top it with fizzy lemonade. 
 English lemonade is usually fizzy, not like our American Minute Maid;) 
 Even Oliver was interested in pouring himself a glass. 
 Lets discuss how PERFECT is this cup from the Island Company for a Summer Cocktail;) I have one on my desk and think of this often. OK, I fell in love....but buy a ticket, get a tan, that sounds good!
 Cheers to the Summer! Cheers to our first British Summer! 


xoxo - Becca

{Thank you Kylee for taking all of the photos! Kytography}

1 comment:

  1. I was very confused by English lemonade when I first got to England. I'm still not so sure about it on it's own, but I am in complete agreement that it's pretty amazing in a pimm's cocktail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...