Friday, September 2, 2016

Happy Hour: The Summer Garden Spritzer

 I have to be honest, I miss having a nice cocktail when we go out or as the sun has been shining recently, sitting outside with a nice glass of Rose! But hey, soon enough I will be celebrating with little Lady Kobus and will be able to treat myself to a glass of bubbly, so I will not complain...too much. Over the past nine months I have been mixing up a few mocktails to still feel a bit fancy and have favoured citrusy drinks, elderflower and refreshing cucumber flavours. This past weekend I thought, why not combine all of these flavours and make myself a little end of Summer Spritzer! With flavours from a delicious summer garden, I think that the end combination is refreshing and delicious pregnant or not. Cucumbers, basil, mint, elderflower and lemonade all combined voila, delicious. Top it with a pretty garnish or umbrella and you do not feel like you are missing out too much on a cocktail, or add some gin if you are not pregnant and I bet that would be amazing. Cheers! 
The Summer Garden Spritzer

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 mocktail 

Ingredients
10 slices of cucumbers {7 to muddle, 3 for garnish}
3 sprigs of fresh mint
3 sprigs of fresh basil
2 tablespoons of Elderflower Cordial {I love the Belvoir range, a huge staple here in the UK}
Ice

Instructions
Muddle 7 cucumbers, mint leaves, basil leaves and elderflower syrup in glass together
Add ice to your liking, crushed, cubed, balls, etc. 
Top with Limonata
Add extra cucumber slices as garnish and enjoy! 



If you liked this post you may like the:  Key Lime Grapefruit Martini, Champagne Pear Cocktail or Rhubarb Lime Popsicle Fizz

Cheers! xoxo Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...