Monday, August 15, 2016

Little Lady K's Nursery


Lots of people have asked me recently about the theme of the nursery. Is it going to be gold pineapple decor? Will the nursery be covered in gold glitter and sparkles? Is it going to have unicorns all over? So most of those are no, no, no. I have been gathering ideas over on Pinterest for months now, but since we moved in mid June, I really didn't start planning the nursery in detail until more recently. I knew I always wanted a pink palette, a mix of blush gold and grey {funny how it is so similar to our wedding colors!} and nothing to crazy theme over the top like. We live in a two bedroom flat in London that we rent so I couldn't go crazy and redecorate everything but I have been able to add little bits of girliness with pretty splashes of an all over pretty and stylish pink theme. I can't wait for it to all come together and to share it with everyone in a couple of months once she arrives and it is all fixed up! 

1. A place to nurse and read and cuddle - I've been really torn on getting a glider or a rocking chair. It is still one item I haven't 100% decided on. The nursery isn't a huge room and I worry it will take up quite a lot of space. Not only is it the space but it is also the cost. Most of the gliders are £900 and up and it is such an investment. However, so many of my girlfriends rave about having a glider in their room and even when their kids are three and up they are still using it. Their are a lot of US brands I love, but that really isn't an option. I was excited to find this amazing brand Olli Ella  that is local and makes some stylish gliders that can transition into a pretty piece of furniture. Either the glider or a small rocking chair???? Either one paired with the adorable pink table from West Elm that will be stacked with these amazing books I've received as gifts may be an option. Now I just need to decide very very soon. Olli Ella Mo Ma Glider |  West Elm Martini Two Sided Blush Table  | Frida Book  | Coco Book | Just Being Audrey

2. Prints for the room - The nursery has an adorable little mantle in the space and I am putting together a gallery wall above. I've spent time picking out a mix of local ladies artwork that I totally admire and can't wait to see it all come together. I have a mix from BerinMade Ever After Press Print and Emma Block Illustration Prints . I want to display them all in a mix of these pretty West Elm Polished Brass Frames mixed in with this cute H&M Mirror

3. The Changing Table - There are so many changing tables out there that are huge expensive pieces of furniture that after a couple of years I do not think we will ever use again. I decided to get a small piece from IKEA and add a changing pad on top. With a sweet little swan lamp and a quick change of the knobs from basic to bows, the table will be simple, sweet and practical. Land Of Nod Bow Knobs | Laura Ashley Swan Lamp | IKEA Tyssedal Dresser 

4. Small Additions for the Room and Storage - Even though the room may be small, babies still come with a lot of STUFF and I need a place to store them. I found these baskets with just enough bit of sparkle that will be perfect for under the crib and these adorable pink shelves to display a few decorations and books. I can not wait to play with the little lady on the sheepskin rug because it is so soft and for sure will be sharing photos with you! Metallic Woven Console Basket  | Land Of Nod Shelf | Oyster Grey Sheepskin Rug

5. The Crib -We went back and forth quite a lot about a crib. We looked at very expensive ones, little ones, big ones, colored ones, white ones and at the end of the day settled on a very simple, inexpensive crib from IKEA. We splurged when it came to the mattress and bought an organic mattress from Little Green Sheep. Along with the crib and the mattress this should be able to fit her for a few years. When she comes back from the hospital she will be sleeping in her Uppababy Cot in our room. So for days when she is not in the crib, I will be decorating with these gorgeous pillows and then adding them to the sofa/pull out bed we have in the room for guests. I decided on a simple bedding from Pottery Barn Kids which I am totally in love with and this gorgeous blanket that I think will be perfect for a little tummy time as she grows. West Elm Mongolian Lamb Pillow   |  West Elm Velvet Lustre Pillow | The Emily & Meritt Organic Pink Heart Crib Fitted Sheet   | Cam Cam Baby Quilt   |  IKEA Crib Sundvik

So that's it. That is the plan for little lady K's nursery. What do you think? Glider vs. less expensive rocker? Any stores you love for more prints? I can't wait to put it all together! And I can't wait for her to see it! 

xoxo Becca




1 comment:

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Bubble Books for Toddlers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...