Thursday, January 16, 2014

Makeup Tutorial from Jules Cardozo Marsh

I am excited to share a little behind the scenes makeup tutorial from the talented and lovely make up artist, Jules Cardozo Marsh, who created my gorgeous smokey eye look during the wedding blogger shoot. Jules has outlined step by step how to get the look below. Whether you are getting dressed up for a night out on the town, an engagement party, bachelorette party or doing your own wedding makeup, Jules has outlined my look wonderfully! So here goesI'm posting a pic of me, no makeup, at all, on the Internet.and a pretty after shot when Jules worked her magic! 
{Image by Babb Photo

From Jules.. "I was SO excited to be working on Rebecca for this shoot as she was our 'real life' Bride and planning her own wedding for later this year so it was almost a dress rehearsal.

Rebecca is a stunning girl and I wanted to give her a smokey, dramatic look that matched the amazing Charlotte Casadejus gown she had chosen to wear, it was a favourite of mine, if only I could have fit into it"

-BEFORE-

1. BASE- Rebecca has lovely olive skin so I wanted to enhance it by using a light luminous foundation such as Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Apply where needed and conceal as required. Always use a concealer one or two shades lighter than your foundation, buying a concealer palette will give you more choice especially as our skin changes colour throughout the year.

A favourite of mine has to be the 'mix & match' Trish McEvoy Make-up Planner, exactly like a Filofax but for make-up, unique! I store all my 'must have' cosmetics in this and it's great for going on Honeymoon. I used these products on Rebecca from my planner.

2. EYES - I used Glaze Eyeshadow in Cream on Rebecca's lower lid and used as a base ready for my smokey eye colour, I then applied Topaz (Golden Brown) into the socket and blended up and out just outside the socket line. You can NEVER blend enough so keep blending... using a dark brown colour on the outer lid build up the smokey eye look.

For added intensity use Intense Gel Eye Liner in Black, applying as close to the lash line as possible and blend to soften. If you feel that Black is too heavy for you then use Brown. Smudge underneath the eye.

Applying lashings of mascara, Benefit BadGal is a current favourite and apply false lashes to suit.  I applied a few individual lashes to Rebecca's outer lashes which she loved.

3. FINISH - Finish the look by using a matt bronzer to contour by applying just under the cheek bone, Dr Hauschka is an Organic range and smells divine.

As all the focus was on Rebecca's amazing eyes we kept the lips nude by applying Irresistible Nude Lip Collection, a great lip kit.

Remember to tame those brows using a clear brow gel and fill in any gals with a eyebrow pencil, use a shade close to your natural hair colour. Contour and shape as required.

-AFTER-

"So now our lovely 'Bride' Rebecca is picture perfect ready for her BIG day, I do hope she picked up some tips."

Jules was LOVELY to work with during the shoot! If you are looking for a professional makeup artist on your big day, check her out at Jules Cardozo Marsh. I hope you liked my smokey look, I loved it! 

xoxo - Becca





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...