Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Ringing in NYE 2015 at Home!

I have been a bit quiet around here this past week, since taking some time off before Christmas, I have really truly just been relaxing! Mr. Beau and I stayed in London for Christmas. My in laws visited and we ate a lot, went to Westminster Abbey for Christmas Eve service, drank lots of yummy champagne, did some shopping, went to see the Nutcracker, took a long walk, all in all, it was a nice Christmas. I missed my family in the States a lot, but the thought of not having to deal with Christmas travel was quite nice. Now that Christmas has flashed by, it is time to ring in the New Year ahead of and with some style! With such a fun filled busy year behind us, I think we may be celebrating at home with lots of bubbly and confetti at our own place. A few weeks ago I put together a few ideas on entertaining at home and added in lots of sparkle from West Elm and styled it with lots of glitter from me. 
Just because you are hosting a small at home party, does NOT mean your guests should not dress in sparkles and dance the night away! Jennifer with Jennifers Paper made me the pretty NYE invites to make the small get together a bit more formal and get guests excited. 
 I put together little bags for guests to bring home that included: homemade espresso doughnuts, chocolate champagne bottles, notepads to write down your dreams & wishes for 2016 and of course sparkly noisemakers for the bash! 


 Hosting a party at your place, instead of a bar with 101 drink options, create a few specialty drinks. I chose to have a champagne cocktail with cotton candy {candy floss as they call it in this country!}, a more manly whiskey based drink with espresso ice cubes to keep guests up until the ball drops at midnight and simple to make and delicious champagne jello shots. 

Create a menu that is easy to make ahead of time and add in some store bought items also. I used West Elm's beautiful lacquer trays with glittery linings to make mac & cheese look oh so much fancier. 
 A good selection of local cheeses and some homemade herbed popcorn are always a crowd pleaser! 
OK lets be honest here....who doesn't like a photo backdrop!!! I used a sequin table linen from Glimmer & Threads and hung it over an inexpensive backdrop pole from Amazon, easy, simple, yay! With a few little NYE quotes, guests can grab them and use their iPhone for a fun shot for the year ahead!
Cheesy NYE props are a must! 

Mini sliders as the night goes on {after a few cocktails} will make every guest happy. 
 Cheers! Toast to the year ahead!!!! 

Whether you are celebrating at home, at a restaurant, on a boat, around the world, add a little bit of glitter and ring in the best year ahead! Cheers! 

xoxo - Becca 



Photographer: Maxeen Kim Photography | Stylist : Glimmer & Threads | Paper Items: Jennifers’ Paper  | Vases:  West Elm | Dress: Black Dress with Feathers Juicey Couture | Shoes / Accessories: DIY glitter | Bow Tie: Mrs. Bow Tie | Florist: Me ! Venue: my flat! | Glitter Handbag: Kate Spade Similar here | Food:
Espresso Donuts by me | Mini Sliders: M&S with Truffle mayo |
Champagne Jello Shots : me | me! |Bar Trolley: West Elm | Silver Butlers TrayWest Elm | Food Trays:  West Elm | Gold Bowls: West  | Glassware: West Elm | Framed Prints above bar Trolley : Berinmade | Cutlery: West Elm | 
Cheers Sign: West Elm  | Photobooth backdrop: http://glimmerandthreads.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...