Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Inspiration Shoots

Yesterday I shared the Preppy mini bridal inspiration shoot over on Floridian Weddings. Today I wanted to share a little bit of my opinion on why we put together shoots and what your opinions are on them. My non wedding industry friends often ask me, "What is the photoshoot for?", here is my opinion....

I was an avid wedding blog reader long before I started this little blog or started Floridian Weddings. I remember seeing posts with beautiful styled shoots and loving them! However, I have talked to many friends of mine that didn't understand some of them or thought that they were plain silly. On the other hand, I had a few friends that were inspired by some inspirational shoots they saw featured and incorporated bits and pieces into their wedding day! Here is my take on inspirational photo shoots: 

I think there are two types of creative inspirational wedding shoots: 1. are to provide couples to be inspired with the ideas, theme, colors and style that a talented group of vendors put together. 2. to offer wedding professionals a chance to work together and creatively showcase their talents and and new designs and ideas. Personally as someone starting out in styling it also allows you to create samples of your style and showcase what you would offer your clients. 

For some people having a bride and groom ride around on bikes with balloons may be silly, but to others {me being one!} I think it is adorable and gave me a great idea of what I would like to have some photos of on my wedding day. 

I'm curious, what do you think of styled shoots? Some can be a bit crazy I admit {a Hunger Games wedding theme, hhhmmm?}. I am curious to know, have you ever seen a table in a styled shoot that inspired your wedding decor? How about a brides dress and makeup, did you print out the picture and bring it to your appointment to replicate the style? I would love to hear your thoughts! 

xoxo~Becca

1 comment:

  1. I love the styled shoots... I not only gain ideas for my wedding but i also get a good sense of the type of style local vendors have and which i'd be more interested to work with for my big day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...