Monday, January 11, 2016

Healthy Eating

OK, I know, it is the new year and everyone is on the healthy kick, blah blah blah! Luckily, I would say, I'm usually pretty healthy. I exercise and lots of veggies and enjoy cooking healthy, however, every year when December comes around, I do tend to overindulge in cookies and sweets and bubbly. January comes around and I know I am not the only one who is craving more greens and all over healthy dishes. These past few weeks I have spent Sunday afternoon heading to our local green grocer and cooking up a storm of delicious recipes to enjoy throughout the week. I have found that planning my meals has been easier to stick with in eating healthy. I thought I would share a few of my favorites if you were looking for some inspiring healthy dishes. Go out and stuff your kitchen with brown rice, spinach, avocados, kale, sweet potatoes and all the healthy yumminess. Enjoy!
There is something I love about making a bowl size portion of meals, it is just enough and usually fast and easy to prep.
I am going to try out these yummy Power Bowls on Camille Styles


I have been roasting a chicken once a week and then it is great throughout the week on all different recipes. From making homemade soups to it adding it to my salads for lunch. I really love this easy lunch recipe that is SO yummy and tastes like a million calories, however, it is not! Organize Yourself Skinny Avocado & Greek Yoghurt Chicken Salad Wrap
 You can add your own flare to a Warming Bowl by Deliciously Ella , 
but be sure to try the recipe for her dressing because it is really yummy. 
 I've been making this soup for years from Giada De Laurentiis Hearty Tomato Soup with Lemon & Rosemary. It is easy, healthy and filling. Its thick consistency comes from adding a can of 
beans to the recipe and it is still way healthy for you while tasting creamy and delicious. 
One of our new habits has been eating LOTS of smoothies. Ever since buying our Magic Bullet {YOU MUST GET one! I like it as much as the reviews I read about the Nutri Bullet and its cheaper!} I have been preparing our smoothies packed with greens the night before. 
This recipe above from Green Kitchen Stories Blueberry Coconut Super Smoothie is one of my new favorites. 

I made this Green Kitchen Stories No Recipe Curry recipe last week for the first time and it is well, absolutely delicious! A must make for the cold winter season. Make it with light coconut milk for a lighter dish. 
You may have seen over on my Instagram feed my trip to The Mae Deli., well I am saying from first hand experience, it is delicious. Deliciously Ella opened up her little spot in October and it has been busy ever since. I have been craving the warm Mae bowl above since and think I may need to order it at home from the new app Quiqup. It is worth a trip there. And do not leave without trying a yummy raw brownie! 

I am thinking of making this recipe this week, Martha Stewarts Toasted Almond & Quinoa Salad. Add a small cup of soup and it would be the perfect lunch. 

Happy healthy cooking and eating! I would love to know of any recipes that you are currently in love with! Please share!

xoxo Becca

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Healthymealsteam is The best source of healthy food and healthy life.You can get a lot of information about health,diet and weight loss,beauty,body building and fitness tips here.healthy eating


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...