Monday, June 8, 2015

A Glittery At Home Bridal Shower

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
A couple of months ago I designed and hosted a glittery bridal shower for one of my good friends here in London. Christa got married in the US last month but lives here in London. I didn't want her leaving London without a little girly celebration, so a few of us planned a fun afternoon celebrate before she headed across the pond for her big day. We decided on a bubbly tea for the bride to be! Champagne and cocktails served in teapots, tea sandwiches, lots of sweets and lots of sparkles. 
For a group of five guests, I decided to host the shower at home. Just because it was small, didn't mean we didn't need decorations! I think the end result was something I styled that was pretty, sparkly and special. With silver sequin linen to make it extra sparkly and fancy and special, I went to New Covent Flower Market and arranged the flowers myself. The table was set with a mix of high street items from West Elm {cutlery}, kate spade {polka dot plates}, DIY napkins {I glued on the pomp om fringe} to a few hire items {pastel charger plates}. The shower for five was something that could be set up at anyones little flat no matter how big or small.
I used my desk chair as the brides special seat since our table only seats 4 and I do think it worked out quite nice! 



I had a local company make these cookies for the shower, CakeyCoo Cakes! I can not say enough how amazing their designs are. I used the cookies on each place setting and loved that the had the brides name and a graphic diamond print in the background. 
Little touches like some small calligraphy items add such a special touch to any event. Judy Broad  created the invite, the place cards and the bar signs. The bride loved receiving such a personal invite in the mail. It does make you feel a bit special doesn't it!
 The bride to be has proclaimed this year as the year to add a little sparkle to her every day. Ummm who doesn't love a little sparkle! I asked everyone to wear something a little sparkly somewhere, somehow. A necklace, a dress, maybe some sparkly shoes, some how, sparkle! 


Instead of an awkward hen do hat, we made her a “queen for the day” fascinator, mixing in the theme of sparkle. An EASY DIY to make at home. A small paper crown I actually made from the paper toilet paper roll, cut the edges and glittered {oh yes I did!}, then I added the the veil and glued it to a headband. I think it was the cutest little sparkly bride to be birdcage ever. 

Planning a shower on your own? The more little personalized touches for the bride to be, the better. It is their time to celebrate and be completely spoiled! Christa likes a raspberry vodka and soda, so I infused citrus vodka with fresh raspberries for a couple of weeks and created a cocktail with it for the day, it was delicious and a nice little touch. 
For the dessert I got adventurous and made a mini layered cake myself. The cake may have turned out grey instead of silvery sparkly, however, it was still yummy and hey, pink and green theme came through. 
We had such a fun day at my flat wining and dining Christa! Friends getting married ? Splurge on a monogram necklace for her, pretty flowers, a bit of cake and tea, make it all about them with a little extra sparkle! 

Custom Printed Cookies: Cakey Coo |  Stationery/calligraphy : Judy Broad |
Glassware: BHLDN & Waterford |  Plates: kate spade new york, ikea & Allen’s Hire
Napkins: DIY by Urban Flip Flops | Teacup & teapot : Bombay Duck

xoxo Rebecca

This post was featured on b.loved blog. See it here! 

3 comments:

  1. WOW!nice blog.
    Register your profile for billava community matches and find a matching profile for you or your loved one Billava matrimony matches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! amazing post..
    For the best Saudi Arabia bride and groom profiles, register on allyseek's Saudi Arabia matrimonial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Wedding Stationery West Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...