Monday, January 10, 2011

here goes.... Day Zero/75 in 1001 Project


I sat down this weekend and thought about this list. I really think the idea is great! Putting 101 things you would like to accomplish down on paper makes me accountable to accomplish the items and they are things I truly REALLY want to do in the next 3 years. Here is a little recap of what the Day Zero/75 in 1001 Project is. {yes, the project is really 101 in 1001 but I made a list of 75, therefore cutting it down!

The Mission:
Complete 75 preset tasks/goals/challenges in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and represent "stretching."

Why 1001 Days?
It's all about a realistic deadline. 1001 days (about 2.75 years) allows you several seasons to complete tasks, which is better for organizing and timing things like overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Start Date: January 1, 2010
End Date: December 20, 2013
Goals Complete: 0/75
Goals in Progress: 0/75

Here is my list....

Health/Fitness/Beauty :
1. Get a Facial every season.
2. Go to a Yoga class once a week.
3. Sign up for a race once a season.
4. Try a Pilates mat class.
5. Try a Pilates reformer class.
6. Run my 5th marathon.
7. Do a 2 week cleanse: no alcohol, no carbs, no sugar, no processed food.
8. Lose 12 pounds before my 30th bday.
9. Get a Minx manicure.
10. Get my hair back to the roots {natural hair color}.
11. Run the San Francisco all women's 1/2 marathon.
12. Run the 7 mile bridge run with beau in the Keys.
13. Invest in fancy eye cream.


Friends/Family/Beau:
14. Send my best friends a care package just because.
15. Send my parents a thank you gift just because.
16. Send my sisters flowers just because.
17. Take a vacation with beau, no friends and family.
18. Take a trip in my sister's airstream trailer, Amelia.
19, Get a dog.
20. Take a walk on the beach once a week with my beau.
21. Kiss my Beau on the top of the Eiffel Tower.
22. Visit my siblings twice a year.
23. Go to an Syracuse Football weekened with our significant others.

Travel/Learning/Adventure:
24. Learn conversational Dutch.
25. Cook out of one cookbook from front to cover.
26. Start a dinner club.
27. Plan a lavish birthday party for a friend.
28. Plan a lavish dinner party for my 30th birthday.
29. Make Fresh Bread.
30. Swim with Dolphins.
31. Drive cross country {fly back!}.
32. Make a homemade cocktail once a week.
33. Hike in Yellowstone Park.
34. Have dinner at French Laundry.
35. Make french macaroons
36. Attend the NYC opera at the MET.
37. Go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
38. Visit Holland during tulip season.
39. Learn to sew.
40. Take a photography class.
41. Visit New Orleans.
42. Visit Savannah, Georgia.
43. Volunteer an at elderly home.
44. Make a homemade soup once a week.
45. Clean out my closet twice a year.
46. Host a swap party.
47. Donate my old clothes to a charity.
48. Go to Wine Country with beau.
49. Donate to my alma mater once a year.
50. Attend a Beyonce concert

Financial/Home:
51. Save up my money for a pair of Christian Louboutins.
52. Save up my money for the Marc Jacob bags I have been drooling over for years.
52. Pay off my credit card bill.
53. Buy a chair at a thrift and learn how to reholpolster it.
54. Take my 401K and find a way transfer it into a way of savings.
55. Hang up curtains in every room of our house.
56. Organize the cabinets in our kitchen.
57. Plant an herb garden in our yard instead of the pots of plants.
58. Redo our "bar". Re paint, new photo painted.
59. Stock our bar with adult beverages.
60. Invest in a side table form West Elm for our dining room.
61. Organize my contact lists in my computer.
62. Make my portfolio.
62. Grow my blog readership
63. Move blog from Blogger to Wordpress.
64. Decorate the back yard/pool. {strings of lights, patio chairs, etc.}
65. Host a SURPRISE party at our home.
66. Organize all of our files into one large filing cabinet and label and clean.
67. Organize photos into albums.
68. Organize all loose recipes.
69. Puchase a fresh pasta maker.

Professional:
70. Have an event published in a magazine.
71. Meet Martha Stewart.
72. Plan a wedding {a friends, a clients, maybe my own.}
73. Take some culinary classes.
74. Have a core group of clients who will travel with me.
75. Attend Engaged12. ~ Luxury Wedding Conference.


I hope you enjoyed a sneak at mine. If you have done a list, let me know. DO share!
xoxo~ Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...