Monday, February 8, 2010

a little romance

Valentine's Day. This time of year everything in the stores seems to be red, pink or chocolate. Even if you don't have a romantic sweetheart I still love celebrating this holiday! I think one of my best memories of Valentine's Day was in college when I decorated our apartment with pink & red EVERYWHERE and made only girls come over for cosmos. All the girls were required to wear the holiday colors. When I was little my mom use to make a big Valentine's breakfast and decorate the table with hearts and give us little gifts.


Yes, some people think it is a Hallmark holiday, but I kind of love it! Why not buy yourself a little something to celebrate you or treat your bestie to a little surprise. I don't believe that Valentine's Day is only a American holiday meant for red roses and teddy bears. I think the holiday is about celebrating love everywhere and everyone!
{I love this print from the Love Shop on Etsy}



{Adorable retro Valentine's cookies from Elenis would make me smile!}

{Paulette macarons in L.A. deliver! And they have pink ones!}

{This gum "We met on Facebook" is so funny!}


{Flowers in any women's life are much appreciated!


Martha Stewart & FTD even has pretty Tulips!}




{The apple of my eye ring. Marc Jacobs}

{I heart monograms! A personalized bracelet or ring from Sarah Chloe}

{Maybe I like these because of a particular Dutch Guy I know;) They are too cute from Peapod Treasures on Etsy. Windmill earrings= a must}

{My sister got one of these Nixon watches recently and they are so fun!}



{Super inexpensive and fun if I was gonig out on the town. From Lulus.}

{Pretty, Ruffles, Pink, Feminine. A perfect pink dress for the day from Banana Republic}


{This skirt is on my WISH list for Spring! It would be perfect for Happy Hearts Day!}

Eat a cupcake, drink some bubbly, paint your nails shiny pink, eat a box of candy hearts, watch a sappy romantic comedy, dance, yell, sing, whatever it is, celebrate the day.

xoxo~hopeless romantic~ Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...