Wednesday, November 25, 2009

road trip


This morning I am on the road, off to Connecticut. Thanksgiving 2009 will be spent at my Grandparents in Torrington CT with my parents and my sisters. I haven't seen my grandparents in a couple of years and I am really looking forward to it. I will be on the road bright and early to meet my parents in Virginia. It has also been a few years since I've been on a road trip with my parents. Five hours to Connecticut, lots of traffic and I can already hear my Dad telling me to get off of my iPhone (one of the best Christmas gifts HE ever got me)! I feel like I will be back in high school already....and I kind of love it. As we get on the road, in a plane, on a train, here are a few of my travel essentials that I think are...well...essential.

*Magazines - magazines galore! I have packed my latest issue of Vogue, In Style, Vanity Fair. Lots of Hours to indulge in fashion magazines.

*Comfy clothes - OK, not sweatpants, but come on, stilettos and skinny tight jeans do not sound comfy in the back seat. Cute converse and jeans, yes, comfy and cute.

*Treats - Chocolate almonds, licorice, something sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth during the long trip.

* H20 - TOTALLY!

* New Tunes - I downloaded some new music this week, some holiday tunes, some mixes from Friends. Whether I'm belting out tunes on my own in the car or I am falling asleep with some relaxing songs, podcasts, audio books, a must.

*A Cuddle - a big pashmina, a blanket, maybe a scarf. Something to cuddle up with and get some zzzzz is essential.


....my phone. OK, I know, I am obsessed. I need to go to Iphone Addiction support group, ha. Hey, I have turned off my work phone and work email for the next 5 days and CAN NOT wait! At least I can catch up with some personal emails on my phone. Nothing like 5 hours to reconnect with besties.

Have a safe trip! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...