Monday, December 16, 2013

Date Night: Southbank Winter Festival

I seriously LOVE living in London this time of year, there is never a shortage of Christmas activities to enjoy! Beau and Oliver left this weekend to bring our little furry buddy to Holland while we are away in the States for Christmas. Last week I made sure that we added a couple of Christmas dates before we left London for the holidays. The Southbank Centre has a Winter Festival every night of the week, and it is such a great place to go and drink a little mulled wine, eat some sweets, have dinner and add a few British landmarks into our Christmas celebrations. We went after work on a chilly evening and the views of London added a bit more holiday feel to the night! 
 Beau doesn't love when I add pictures of him all over the blog, but come on! This picture with the Big Ben in the background was a keeper!  The views from the Southbank Centre are pretty iconic! 
 Hey Ben! 
 OK so I had never heard of a Chimney Cake, and well, I've been to my fair share of festivals/fairs in my life {hello West Virginia carnivals!}. The chimney cakes are a Hungarian pastry that they roll around a wooden cylinder and bake them over an open fire, they then add sweet delicious toppings to them. They looked amazing, I must go back and get one! 
 There were stands that were smoking salmon on site, selling salmon wraps and chips, a bit healthy and indulgent? 
 If you are looking for some Christmas knick knacks, you have come to the right place! 
 So let's just say if you are a parent, this might not be the place to be, it is overflowing with sweets! 
But for me, it is perfect! 
 My adorable date bought me a chocolate kiss. I picked the Andes Candes marshmallow flavor covered in dark chocolate with the cookie on the bottom, hello, we should have bout 5 more, yum! 
You can not go to the market without a bit of mulled wine! 
 We stopped at The Riverfront Cafe  located in the BFI for dinner. I love a little festival food, but a proper date dinner doesn't hurt either! Following some red wine, fish and chips and yummy lamb kofta we had to finish the Christmas date with…..
Sticky toffee pudding and apple crumble, it wouldn't be Christmas without a little sticky toffee pudding, right? We need this stuff in the States, its amazing! 
It was a great evening! Date's like this are one of those evenings that I will always remember for the next two years, ten years or forever long we live in London. Even though it is a busy time of year, make sure to carve out a little time for you and your man, your best friend, your sister, whomever the date is with, dates like this I feel add such a nice memory to your Christmas season! I am one who LOVES baking cookies, shopping and wrapping gifts, but this year since we are heading to he States, most of that stuff will be done when I land in NYC next week. Luckily, my nights have been filled with some extra time with my fiancĂ© and I won't complain:) 

xoxo - Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...