Monday, October 21, 2013

Brides the Show

Last week I spent my Friday night at the Brides the Show Event preview event in Battersea Park. This was the first year for the show and I have to be honest, I'm a little skeptical of these big wedding shows. I feel that often they are crowded and full of brides to be with their mom, aunt, maid of honor, grandmother, just so many people in one big convention center, that it just never has been my idea of a good place to find inspiration. I have to say, Brides the Show was new this year, and I thought it was a great experience and a great show! I snapped a few pictures throughout the evening on my iPhone of some of my favorite vendors, so excuse the fuzzy phone pics, but I wanted to share with you. Getting married soon, is your friend? I hope you find some of these vendors and ideas interesting like I did. 
 Laurent-Perrier was a sponsor of the evening and I have to admit that their focal bar in the centre of the venue was fantastic. Check out the enormous arrangement of pink flowers to compliment my pink rose. Serving bubbly at your big day? The rose is pretty wonderful, and its pink! 
Can you imagine an arrangement like this on both sides of the altar? I can! 
Brides magazine is one of my favorite UK wedding magazines. They always do a great job with new and modern ideas for the trendy, hip, modern bride. I do not feel like the magazine is the same old, same old, and they did a great job with the event. I found a few fun ideas on their enormous inspiration boards.
It is no secret that I am a huge fan of French macarons, especially one from Laduree! So when I discovered the wedding selection from Laduree, my mind went crazy with ideas. The Covent Garden location has a lovely spot that could be hired for an afternoon tea and I can't stop thinking about it. How about for a bridal shower? A girlfriends lunch before the wedding? Ooo la la. 
The catwalk at the show was lovely. Isn't the runway beautiful! There were quite a few dresses that caught my eye during the night. I think I may have found the ONE, but I still have my eye opened for options. 
 I am absolutely in love with this black and white bustle that the amazing Miss Bush Bridal team created. I am tempted to think of adding it to my dress during the evening reception, it is fabulous isn't it. My colours are black and white with pink and gold, so why not right! 
 Kate from The Coquette Bride {who I featured recently on Fancy Friday} was wearing a fabulous bespoke black and white stripe version in a skirt made by Miss Bush Bridalwear. Kate has some amazing style and this skirt has my mind rolling with ideas for stylish bridesmaids in this skirt. hhmm. 

How amazing does one of the models look from Miss Bush Bridal, check out the entire shoot they created HERE
The Photo Emporium has a few of their booths set up around the show and lets be honest, the airstream trailer option is AMAZING! Having an outdoor wedding, hire this photo booth!
The guys at By Appointment Only had an AMAZING booth that looked like a pastry shop but in fact it was full of amazing flowers! How great is their new line of flowers that use for wedding cakes. Peonies and ice creams cones! 

Peach Blossom UK had a nice booth full of fun decor that I often am looking for to add to a party, a shoot or a wedding. The paper fan backdrop below and the cake, sigh, I LOVE! 
Little Boutique Bakery, your cake is beautiful. Gold glitter, pink and flowers, my type of cake. 
Harriet Wilde has some amazing shoes! I can see myself wearing the ones below in a light pink. Bespoke, bejeweled, bridal shoes!
 What a bad photo of this cake, sorry, but Yum Nums, hello, I love your cakes! I may be calling you soon! 
It was a really fun night celebrating planning my wedding with my good friend Ann and a fun excuse to discover some new vendors. There were SO many more vendors that you can see on Brides.co.uk here. 
Buy your tickets to the March BRIDES the Show HERE

xoxox - Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...