Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Red Carpet

This was the first year in years when I wasn't able to watch the Oscars live, or at least tape them. I am not going to lie, I was pretty bummed that I could not watch my favorite show of the years in our flat in London, big frown! The Oscars were shown here starting at 11:30pm on the other cable provider that we do not have, so I tucked myself into bed with our ipad and watched the live stream of red carpet arrivals, falling asleep WAY before the Best Picture Oscar was handed out! I just woke up with a cup of coffee and have browsing around online to see what everyone was wearing and who won all of the little gold men. There were some pretty ladies last night, some pretty ladies in not so nice dresses and in some GORG dresses. Here are my thoughts, whether you agree or not...


 Amy Adams dress I want to borrow for our wedding. Hello beautiful BIG Oscar pale Oscar de le Renta dress, she looked like a movie star to me. 
 Ok, I know Anne Hathaway's dress is going to get mixed reviews, I had mixed feelings, but the more I looked it at, the more I liked it. She looks like a classy Audrey Hepburn on the red carpet in her pretty little pink Prada dress. 
 Jessica Chastain looked like a beautiful Jessica Rabbit, I mean really, the red hair, the gold dress, she looked like what a red carpet Oscar nominee should!
 Jennifer Lawrence went ALL out in this huge Dior dress, I say, fabulous. It is the Oscars! Where else would you wear this? Poor thin may have fallen {I mean the dress is HUGE} however she made it seem fine in her acceptance speech. 
I am a huge fan of Kerry Washington in her Miu Miu dress, I bet it is the bow, I'm a bit of a sucker for bows. 
 The Hollywood couple of the night Jenn and Ben! Ben Affleck is Mr. Dapper in his tux with his pretty wife on his arm and I was SO glad that he won for best film! 
And my favorite, Jennifer Garner aka Mrs. Affleck in Gucci. Way to go for a girl from West Virginia {yep, we share that!} to a red carpet loveliness. I think she looked beautiful! I love the ruffles on the back, love love love. 

I am hoping I can watch the whole show next year...maybe a weekend trip to the States? :) 
xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...