Friday, June 1, 2012

A Book Baby Shower

I am heading up to Vermont this evening for the weekend and I can NOT wait! I was so honored when my bestfriend asked me to be her little boy's godmother. Little Sam, he is a cutie and I am so excited to be a part of his life in this way! Almost a year ago I was planning Brandi's baby shower {yes, a little delayed with the post!} and I had the talented Laura {Make Merry!} create all of the invites. Brandi is a huge lover of books. I swear she reads a book a week;) {Well before Sam arrived!}. I sent Laura some ideas on favorite children's novels and this is what we created. 

 



The menu was going to be themed around books as well, Hungry Caterpillar cupcakes, Curious George Banana cake, to name a couple. Well the show was set for August 14th and little Sam couldn't wait for his party, he decided to arrive early on August 4th. We were not able to have the shower, however, a year later we are happy he and mama are as healthy as ever and growing to be the cutest sweetest baby boy! 




In just a few hours I will be able to pinch these adorable cheeks:)! Sam, we love you! Rain check for another party, Auntie Becca is hosting! 


xoxo~Becca

2 comments:

  1. OMG love this idea! If the rest of the shower is this cute would love to feature it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the adorable bookmark!! Love it! We would have quite the party - Sam and I are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...