Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ice Cream Month!

Where did June go? How is it almost July 4th???? Oh my! Well it is now..... National Ice Cream Month! Ice Cream is absolutely up on my list as one of my favorite foods.
It is so HOT in Florida that all I want to do at night is have a cup of ice cream,
a Popsicle, a Skinny Cow (beau is addicted to!).
There is nothing like going to get ice cream after dinner on a hot summer night, I love it.
I have always wanted to have a dinner party and serve ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
A fun child like twist on these desserts. Cookies and creamy cold goodness.

How pretty and patriotic are these cones! One of each please.



I heart just about everything that Amy Atlas creates. Check out the ice cream cupcakes she made for this month's INStyle magazine here !




Today on
Daily Candy Miami I read about a bar that is serving unique flavors for $3 a scoop, Coral Bar at the Tides Hotel. Beau and I must take a trip down 95 to get ice cream on South Beach some night soon. They have an ice cream laboratory, a sommelier, toppings cart with flavors like balsamic soaked strawberries! Salty dulce de leche ice cream with popcorn! Need I say more. Not only does the ice cream look amazing but so do the chic rooms designed by the one and only Kelly Wearstler.
Ice Cream date?
For all of you DC readers....have you checked out the new gelato spot in Chinatown?
Pitango Gelato! I use to walk by this place on my way to work, thank goodness it
wasn't opened then. I might have been there every day.
Spicy Chocolate and Bourbon Vanilla gelato sound heavenly!


Enjoy the holiday weekend. GO get a scoop of ice cream....or two! Happy 4th:)

xoxo~Becca





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...