Monday, January 12, 2015

Notes from the Weekend

Good morning! Every Monday comes around and I will be honest, I always think, really, how is it Monday! With my personal to do list forever growing and the weather outside this morning being awful, it truly makes me want to stay in bed. Oh well, Monday it is, time to go out and get things done. We had a nice weekend in London relaxing and wandering through some of our favorite local spots. Shops, bars, flower markets, London is simply a great place to be! 

Ever been to Aria? Aria is such a cool home store right off of Upper Street. I feel in love with all of the Jonathan Adler mugs, we may need to add one to our cupboard. The Aria store alone is a beautiful looking spot.


Saturday after the gym {yes we have been regularly going together to my favorite Orange Theory and I love it} we stopped at Romeo's Gluten Free bakery. OK so I didn't have a big slice of this red velvet cake, however the breakfast is great and it is perfect little weekend brunch spot in the neighborhood.
During Christmas I picked up these two jars of London Jam Factory jams and finally tried them this weekend. They are delicious! Huge fan of the pineapple!
Oh ya, Saturday evening Mr. Beau and I went out and I rocked my leather leggings  I bought when we were in the States in October. I never thought I was the leather leggings type of girl, however honestly….I loved them! What do you think?
 I found a new spot in town that is a must for a cocktail, the Rumpus Room at the new Mondrian Hotel in the Sea Containers. So the cocktails may be a bit pricey, but with the beautiful decor and the amazing view {that is St. Paul's over my shoulder}, it is certainly a place to stop! 
 Sunday morning I spent some time lounging in bed checking out recipes for the week. One of my new favorite cookbooks is Green Kitchen Travels. I am not a vegetarian, but often eat like one. This cookbook has beautiful photos and recipes. If you haven't read the cookbook, you should certainly read their blog
Yesterday was dry in the city, but SO windy. We took advantage of the quiet early morning and walked to Columbia Flower Market with Sir Oliver. The amount of tulips is amazing this time of year! We also stopped by Lily Vanilli's for coffee where I fell in love with a slice of her gluten free beetroot courgette coconut banana something delicious cake, omg, it is amazing. 
The rest of the weekend was spent putting marketing materials together for my new site Glimmer & Threads and putting together business plans. I wish I had been able to watch the Golden Globes but unfortunately they do not show them here, boo. I love you London but I MISS AMERICAN AWARD SEASON!!!

I hope you have a good week! Did you get into anything fun this weekend????

xoxo - Becca

*All photos by Urban Flip Flops except Brides image by Today, I'm Bobbi for Glimmer & Threads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...