Saturday, October 17, 2009

coco before chanel



I went and saw the new movie, "Coco before Chanel" this week. LOVED IT! What an inspiring women Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel was. How amazing it is too that a little orphaned girl created the spectacular empire of what is now, Chanel. I have always dreamed of owning a Chanel Classic Quilted 2.55 bag, preferably in black or...pink! I die! I will have it, some day:)

The drive that Chanel had was amazing. You can still see it today with Karl at the top of the company. He is still creating amazing innovative collections, run way shows, season after season. His latest muse, Lily Allen (i heart her!) performed at the resort wear show in Paris!

So wonderful to see the beautiful French actress, Audrey Tautou, play Coco. Audrey is always a delight to watch on the big screen. I have been in love with her since Amelie, all time fav! The movie had an amazing way of showing little ways that Coco saw inspiration for the Chanel brand from the beginning. I loved how she was always wearing men's inspired clothing, striped fisherman shirts and saw inspiration from the camellia flower that her all time LOVE "boy" wore in the film. I think I might buy an oversized striped shirt this weekend with a belt like she had.

I enjoyed the film so much. I thought it was beautiful. The life that Chanel had was quite inspiring. She never married, she did not settle for less then exquisite. She was a women who knew what she wanted and created it from her heart. It was quite a wonderful story to tell!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...