Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day Trip to Philly





I haven't set the exact date, but I know my move is coming up soon. I have been learning to take advantage of every minute I have to spend my time with friends. One of my bestest girlfriends from college lives in Philly. I hadn't seen Christa for so long! We only live two and a half hours away and I know that soon I will not be a train ride but a plane ride away. I decided last minute to take full advantage of my Sunday off and hopped on the train after my event at work, late Saturday night. What a fabulous day we had out in Philly! If you haven't been to the city of brotherly love recently or are planning a day trip there, take our quick trip list and go!

After a few cups of coffee we managed to pull ourselves off the couch and grab a QUICK breakfast. Marathon on the Square has AMAZING breakfast quesadilla (get it with turkey sausage. yum.) A few bites into our yummy dish we realized we had to run off to house hunting. I got to tag along with the DeSiderato's while they looked at potential condos. Fun for me! After looking at units with views and a building with a pool, Christa and I decided it was time for some pampering and shopping time in shopping in Rittenhouse Square.

The Anthropologie there is awesome! The building is so interesting and its a great 4 level store. I am now obsessed with a few new items. Thanks Anthro. We always seem to be able to manage spending at least an hour there browsing. A few shops later we decided we needed a break and got a table at Parc. I felt like I was in Paris! Parc is an adorable Bistro and Cafe. It was the perfect place to drink rose and people watch. I could go to Parc everyday, read a book an drink some wine, I'm in love! After some yummy frites and a few glasses of wine we decided we were ready for something sweet.

The day ended with a trip to the chocolate filled restaurant, Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man. OMG. I don't know what to say, Brandi, you would have been in love! Chocolate chocolate chocolate. Around the table we had chocolate martinis, chocolate "concoctions", gooey cakes and ice cream sandwiches. It was out of control. I would go again, however....I would share! I have a complete sweet tooth, but couldn't finish my cookie sandwich with marshmallow fluff, peanut butter ice cream, soft baked chocolate cookie and peanut butter dip.

When I got on the train at 9:30pm I was full, relaxed, sleepy and SO happy that I had gone up to Philly for the day. I'm glad I made the day trip fun filled and packed. I wish I lived in the same city as my sisters and my besties, maybe some day, for now the Amtrak or a plane ticket will have to do even if its for a day full of wine, shopping and good girl time.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...