Thursday, September 20, 2012

I've got the Fall Wardrobe Blues

I am totally a girl who loves the Fall season! I love the crisp chill in the air, pumpkin spice lattes, a reason to wear black tights every day of the week and the pretty changing of the leaves on the trees. Yesterday it was quite chilly here in London, about 65 degrees, this is when I realized that I was not ready for the change in wardrobe attire. I have spent the last three Fall seasons in Florida wearing flip flops, open toe shoes and when it is chilly out, throwing on a cardigan. Yesterday I went to get dressed from my two suitcases of clothes I brought until our crate arrives and thought, "oh my, I'm feeling so un posh. I need a little style refresh this Fall." It doesn't help that it is London Fashion Week here and everyone I see is stylish, but even the local London girls look Posh in their messy outfits. 

I found a few British ladies with cute style that are inspiring me to get out of my Fall Wardrobe Blues.


 A floral blazer and a puffy black skirt. 
{image from Florence Finds}
 Boyfriend Jeans, Fancy Heels and a Preppy Blazer
{image from A Girl A Style}
 Black Sweater Turtleneck, a Bright Tweed Dress and a Big Bright Bag 
{image from Harpers Bazaar}

Daytime Fancy Lace 
{image from Harper's Bazaar
 Animal Print Pants
{image from Notting Hill Girl}
Printed Dress, Colorful Cambridge Satchel and Flats
{image from Wish, Wish, Wish}

I am looking for a new job, saving for our wedding, flying back home to the States a couple of times and moving into a new flat, all of these things equal a budget for new clothes. I found a few pieces that caught my eye and am wishing of changing my entire closet! Let's just say I'm in a bit of a fashion rut right now! Do you have any items on your mind this season? New booties, a jacket, something bright? 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I hate that living-out-of-a-suitcase-and-I-have-nothing-to-wear feeling! We're in the process of moving our lives from Scotland back to Virginia and half of our stuff is packed and the other half I'm too scared to pack because I know that means I won't have any clothes for awhile! I definitely think splurging on a bright, new coat is a good idea--keeps your mind off missing home + guarantees a happy day even when it's gray + dreary!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...