Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ice Cream on Las Olas

Before I moved out of Fort Lauderdale I was so excited to finally meet up with a blogger friend/ photographer, Jackie with Three Brooklyn Photography . It was such a hot afternoon in Florida that as we were walking around Las Olas Boulevard we were drawn into the scent of homemade waffle cones and delicious fudge and knew we had to stop at Kilwin's to cool off. A hot Summer day and an ice cream cone are truly a perfect match. 

Usually I tend to stop at the low fat/non fat frozen yogurt shops. However, on a hot day like it was, nothing sounded better then a large yummy ice cream cone. Kilwin's is a nationwide chain that is usually found in beach towns and the cute street of Las Olas has one. You can not help but commenting on the amazing fresh baked scents while walking by. Even though it is a large chain, just stepping into the store gives you a little feel of nostalgia.  





Mint chocolate chip ice cream, coconut ice cream, dulce de leche ice cream, it was a hard choice! 



The Summer has ended and I am moving across to London. I do not think there will be many other days that I can sport my bright Lily Pulitzer skirt and meet up for an afternoon that includes ice cream on Las Olas. I am glad I splurged and sat in the sun with meeting a new friend and indulging! I highly recommend it. 

Thank you Jackie for the fabulous photos! 

xoxo~ Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...